How our Past can Help Mould your Future
Plastek UK belongs to the Plastek Group. Formed in 1971 in Pennsylvania and now with plants in Europe and South America, the Plastek Group is an acknowledged leader in injection and blow moulded packaging, serving the owners of the world’s most famous household brands. The group is completely self-financing and is regarded by global brand leaders as a valuable and reliable partner.
- Joseph J Prischak (Chairman of the Board for the Plastek Group) found Triangle Tool Company in 1956.
- Based in Erie Pennsylvania, Triangle Tool became a leader in mould design and manufacture.
- In 1971 the group moved into the plastic injection moulding arena with the founding of Plastek. State of the art technology and commitment to client satisfaction earned Plastek prestigeous clients early on such as Eastman Kodak, IBM & Poloroid.
- In 1983, when his partners wanted to retire, Joe Prischak bought their shares and later in the year entered the consumer packaging business with the purchase of Spectrum Moulding, whereby Plastek captured a large share of the solid deodorant sticks market.
- In June of 1999 Plastek opened its first facility outside of the USA and Plastek UK Ltd was founded in Mansfield, Nottinghamshire.
- Plastek Brazil closely followed in 2000.
- An additional plant was opened in Hamlet, North Carolina in 2010.
- Over the past 32 years, the Plastek Group has grown and developed from a handful of workers, to over 2,000 worldwide
- Since 1971 then, Plastek has grown into a multi-divisional global presence in the field of Injection Moulding
- Acquired Plastek de Mexico in August 2015
- Acquired Plastek do Brazil in Pirassununga in Jan 2018